Anomaly Vineyards

A Berkeley, California transplant's view of becoming an Accidental Vintner.

Vineyards - in Texas?

Ya'll won't believe that there are vineyards here in North Texas. At the moment, I am in Lake Kiowa, having hand-delivered three bottles of Anomaly to my sister and brother-in-law. At the moment, my brother-in-law is out on his jet ski while my sister-in-law is determined to master the art of knitting "loosely," while Steve is taking in the view from their lovely home on the lake - and me, well, I'm blogging!

But back to the topic at hand. On our way up to their house from the Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport, we drove past Lone Oak Vineyards on Lone Oak Drive just about one hour north of Dallas. They have "no charge" tastings and tours. Their winemaker, Jim Evans, grows "Texas only Bordeaux Style Vineyard Merlot, Cabernet, Petite Verdot, Cab Franc & Malbec which is fermented primarily in French Oak." We didn't have time to stop, so unfortunately, this trip will have to be considered "pleasure" rather than "business," but that's okay.

Oh, and the big news for those of you who know us, a 2nd grandchild is on the way -"pick" date - January 2006! Chantico to Seth, Lisa & Josie!

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Um, congrats to Seth & Lisa also; I do have to wonder why the first place I heard about it was here. Sheesh.

    (Of course, I'm not caught up on my email for today, if it turns out that there's something in my inbox I'll have to eat the above words.)

    June 25, 2005  

Post a Comment