Anomaly Vineyards

A Berkeley, California transplant's view of becoming an Accidental Vintner.

Miss Cosette

Those of you who have followed this blog know that I am a Dog Person. Not that I don't like cats - I do. Just not as much. Not sure if it's the "needy" vs. "independence" thing between dogs and cats; somehow, I just relate better to the canine species. I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you to know that one of our three dogs goes to work with me each day. I say "me" rather than "us" as if it were up to Steve, the office would remain a "dog-free zone." Thankfully, it's not up to him. He does get points for allowing not one, not two, but three canines to reside in our home (and at night, at least two are on our bed). I know, way too much information.

Cosette was a rescue of course. She has been with us for 8 years and was most likely about 6 when we found her, so she is just entering her prime as I tell her each day. She loves hearing: "want to do go work?" each morning. However, in the past 6 months or so, her hearing has waned. But when I go towards the winery, there's no need for words, she knows.

This morning, I decided to water "Anomaly Farms" (this is what we call the vegetable beds--yes, it's a joke!) as the weather was already heating up. I looked around to see what Cosette was up to while I had the hose trained on the tomatoes. There she was, my loyal little lady waiting in the steps to "go to work."

Have a great weekend. Chantico.




Cosette waiting to work

0 comments:

Post a Comment