Here are Gerich's recipes for his Christmas Wreath cookies and Chocolate Fudge. Note the message from his mom. Now we know why we like Gerich so much! Chantico.
Gerich’s Christmas Wreaths
Here it is. Good Luck. Love Mom
CHRISTMAS WREATHS (made w/cornflakes)
1/2 c. butter 1/2 tsp. vanilla
30 marshmellows 3 1/2 c. cornflakes
1/4 tsp. (or more) green food coloring red cinnamon candies
Melt butter & marshmellows over low heat, or in microwave (“MW”) 2 min.on medium. Remove from heat; add coloring, vanilla and cornflakes. Blend thoroughly. While still warm drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or foil. Shape into wreaths w/ fingers dipped in cold water (lightly). Decorate w/ cinnamon candies (three/wreath looks good if wreaths aren't too) Makes 25-30 when doubled. Best to make 2 batches rather than doubling ingredients.
With MW, melt butter on med. or 70 % power. Add marshmellows and MW until soltened (approx. 2 min.) med 70 % power Stir. and continue recipe.
Gerich’s FUDGE Recipe
1 2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 cups mini marshmallow's
2 cups (one package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) mix sugar and evaporated milk together and microwave for 4 min @ 70% power
2) take out, stir well and then MW again for 2-3 min @ 70% power or until boiling and sugar dissolves
3) add rest of the ingredients and stir until MM + CC are melted together.
4) pour out into buttered 8x8 glass baking dish
5) let cool, then cut. makes a bunch of fudge.