Anomaly Vineyards

A Berkeley, California transplant's view of becoming an Accidental Vintner.

Surprise!

So, this morning, Steve called me from Phoenix (where he has been all week selling wine - the "glamorous" part of this business). "We have a review in Wine Enthusiast this month, have you seen it?" I had seen the magazine as it came in yesterday's mail, but I hadn't gone through it yet, and since we hadn't submitted our wine for review, I didn't anticipate this. I quickly leafed through the magazine and was pleased to read this! Chantico.

Classic Cabernet character from this St. Helena wine, which contains small amounts of Cab Franc and Petite Verdot. Opens with a splashy burst of black currants, spicy cherry liqueur, charry cedar and new oak and turns elegant and complex in the mouth. Polished, delicate structure, with a round, supple feel. Finishes dry and long. Drink now to 2015.
-Wine Enthusiast: April 2007 - 91 points

0 comments:

Post a Comment